ServiceMix 7.0 try to upgrade Camel from 2.16.4 to 2.17.x
angelwine
2017-03-20 19:19:19 UTC

We are trying to implement ServiceMix 7.0 with camel-sql-stored procedure
call,
i recently found that the camel version 2.16.4 doesn,t support.

The first release is 2.17.1.

Is it possible to install the last 2.17.x release of camel

What is the dependence.

Do i have to update more than camel ?????

Thanks

Krzysztof Sobkowiak
2017-03-20 22:33:56 UTC
Hi

I think it is not so easy to replace the Camel version in the ServiceMix assembly. The simplest way is probably taking the source code, replacing the version and building the new assembly. I'm going to start work on ServiceMix 7.1.x next week which will have Camel 2.17.x installed.

Kindly regards
Krzysztof
Hi,

angelwine
2017-03-21 18:13:19 UTC
Thanks.

i figured it will be not so easy.
first try - remove 2.16.4 and install 2.17.1 but without success...

i will continue to try.

David Watson
2017-03-22 01:17:04 UTC

I currently run 2.18.2 on servicemix 7.0. I've also run 2.17.x versions.

There are some dependencies issues which are tricky to get around, but
they're not well documented, as this upgrade is not encouraged. The usual
advice is to stop running servicemix if you want custom versions.

The simplest way to begin, is after a fresh install (before first boot),
modify the first param in etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file to use
your desired camel feature repository
featuresRepositories = ...
ie, mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.18.2/xml/features

This is also the place to modify the features installed when servicemix
initially boots "featuresBoot = "
Remove any that you know you do not need, as this will reduce dependency
issues.

An example problem.
If you use activemq, you'll meet your first hurdle. As the maven version of
org.apache.servicemix.activemq.camel-7.0.0.jar, requires camel spi up to
2.17 (not including).
If you don't wish to re-compile it, you can cheat and just modify the
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF inside the jar (jars are just zip files) - ie
"Import-Package: org.apache.camel.spi;version="[2.16,2.27)" - you can see I
changed mine to 2.27, so it didn't affect the file/line size.
Once changed, drop this file in to
system/org/apache/servicemix/activemq/org.apache.servicemix.activemq.camel/7.0.0/org.apache.servicemix.activemq.camel-7.0.0.jar
before boot, to make sure it gets used over the maven version.
system/org/apache/activemq/activemq-osgi/5.13.3/activemq-osgi-5.13.3.jar
might also need to be changed.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Dave
Post by angelwine
Hi,
We are trying to implement ServiceMix 7.0 with camel-sql-stored procedure
call,
i recently found that the camel version 2.16.4 doesn,t support.
The first release is 2.17.1.
Is it possible to install the last 2.17.x release of camel
What is the dependence.
Do i have to update more than camel ?????
Thanks
[image: Social CRM Hub (SCRM Hub)]

david watson, director of data and infrastructure
e: ***@scrmhub.com t: +61 2 7901 2156
a: 7 Hudson Street, Redfern NSW 2016
w: www.scrmhub.com <https://scrmhub.com/>
angelwine