[DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix APIMan
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
2017-04-18 06:14:42 UTC
Forwarding on user mailing list

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix APIMan
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:12:43 +0200
From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <***@nanthrax.net>
To: ***@servicemix.apache.org

Hi team,

Some weeks ago we discussed about adding a new API Management layer in ServiceMix.

The original draft document is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNpIRmJTFydnNpSH66URUU8EclVOiWQbh_OFM_v858s/edit?usp=sharing

I started a PoC on my local repo that I will push on my github.

I would like to know your thoughts:
- about this layer (does it make sense or not)
- as part of ServiceMix (or in another project or standalone project)
- who would be interested to work with me on that

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
***@apache.org
Talend - http://www.talend.com
Koprowski, Mariusz
2017-04-18 08:41:50 UTC
Hi
That would be cool thing =)
But does the servicmix have swagger alredy ?

Talend - ht
Sobkowiak Krzysztof
2017-04-18 09:20:19 UTC
Hi

ServiceMix provides swagger feature based on Scala 10 and 11 (https://github.com/apache/servicemix/blob/master/assemblies/features/servicemix-features/src/main/feature/feature.xml#L86-L125). Apache Camel has migrated it's own feature to Java based implementation many months ago. I think we should use this solution way too - maybe we can re-use the Camel feature or we can create e feature in ServiceMix Features and Camel could use our feature.

I think the API Manager will have own life cycle and the best place would be the ServiceMix Features repo (eventually a new separate servicemix-apm repo)

Kindly regards
Krzysztof