Custom ServiceMix Build
puperzenkarl
2016-04-20 16:11:39 UTC
I would like to build a custom ServiceMix 7.0
I need the following additional features:
* activemq-web-console
* webconsole
* camel-quartz2

Can someone explain the necesarry steps!

Sobkowiak Krzysztof
2016-04-21 06:36:44 UTC
Hi

The ServiceMix assembly is module is here https://github.com/apache/servicemix/tree/master/assemblies/apache-servicemix. You can do it similarly and add your features to booteFeatures here https://github.com/apache/servicemix/blob/master/assemblies/apache-servicemix/pom.xml#L228-L240

Regards
Krzysztof
Post by puperzenkarl
I would like to build a custom ServiceMix 7.0
* activemq-web-console
* webconsole
* camel-quartz2
Can someone explain the necesarry steps!
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

puperzenkarl
2016-04-21 08:46:33 UTC
Works. But ServiceMix is not able to start offline. It still tries to load
this from the maven repositories:
com\fasterxml\jackson\jaxrs\jackson-jaxrs-base\2.6.3
com\fasterxml\jackson\jaxrs\jackson-jaxrs-json-provider\2.6.3
com\fasterxml\jackson\module\jackson-module-scala_2.11\2.6.3

Why?

Sobkowiak Krzysztof

Krzysztof Sobkowiak
2016-04-21 21:50:14 UTC
Hi

I have found that the problem occurs when overrides.properties defines bundles which are not used by any boot features and from this reason they are not installed in system directory. When you look here https://github.com/apache/servicemix/blob/master/assemblies/apache-servicemix/src/main/filtered-resources/etc/overrides.properties#L34-L36 you can find the 3 missing bundles here.

mvn:com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs/jackson-jaxrs-base/${fasterxml.jackson.version};range="[2,3)" mvn:com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs/jackson-jaxrs-json-provider/${fasterxml.jackson.version};range="[2,3)" mvn:com.fasterxml.jackson.module/jackson-module-scala_2.11/${fasterxml.jackson.version};range="[2,3)"

Please remove simply these 3 entries from ovverides.propertiesand it should work. I'll ask in Karaf dev whether this is a correct behaviour.

Regards
Krzysztof

puperzenkarl
2016-04-22 07:06:26 UTC
Thanks a lot!

Krzysztof Sobkowiak
2016-05-11 21:15:56 UTC
I have created an issue to track this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-2991

Regards
Krzysztof
Post by puperzenkarl
Thanks a lot!

MK
2017-04-11 16:50:54 UTC
Hi All
Quick question... I'm also looking on building custom distribution of SXM...
one of the features that I need to add is MQTT transport support for
ActiveMQ. Doing this manually is rather simple. You just need to add to
activmq.xml
<transportConnector name="mqtt" uri="mqtt://localhost:1883"/>

And it works... but how to do it during the build of ServiceMix ?