How to install cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution to karaf 1.4
olamalam
2010-04-15 10:18:58 UTC
Hi to all,

I have problems in installing cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution to Karaf
1.4 to run spring dm demo.

I couldn't install it with this command:
osgi:install -s
mvn:org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution/1.1
I found this dependency from:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution/1.1

I also tried these commands:
osgi:install -s mvn:org.apache.cxf/cxf-bundle-minimal/2.2.5
osgi:install -s mvn:org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi-ri-discovery-local/1.1
osgi:install -s mvn:org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi-ri-dsw-cxf/1.1
(http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-releases.html)
but cxf-bundle-minimal isn't installed due to:
Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.cxf.bundle-minimal:package;
(package=javax.wsdl.extensions.http)

I searched for feature repository for cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution
but I couldn't find.

Does anyone have any idea about how to install it?

Thanks in advance
Ilker
Charles Moulliard
2010-04-15 12:31:26 UTC

It seems that the MANIFEST file of the multibundle-distribution is empty.

You can use the following bundle to test DOSGI

cxf-dosgi-ri-singlebundle-distribution

but prior install the following one which is required

osgi:install -s mvn:org.osgi/org.osgi.compendium/4.2.0

kind regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel Committer

- Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
- Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
- Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
--
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-install-cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution-to-karaf-1.4-tp28253532p28253532.html
olamalam
2010-04-15 13:05:59 UTC
Hi Charles,

Since spring dm demo (http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-spring-dm-demo-page.html)
uses multi-bundle distribution I was trying to install it.

But I've tried single-bundle distribution already since it seems much
easier.
I've installed spring DM, osgi.cmpn and DOSGI Single-Bundle Distribution but
I got an error after installing spring dm demo bundle:
Cannot use Factory configuration for org.apache.felix.fileinstall requested
by bundle
mvn:org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi-ri-singlebundle-distribution/1.1 but
belongs to mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/2.0.8
Exception in thread "SpringOsgiExtenderThread-2"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: BeanFactory not initialized or already
closed - call 'refresh' before accessing beans via the ApplicationContext

Please note that although I got this error, my test bundle seems active but
I can't reach web service.

[79] [Active] [] [ ] [60] Distributed OSGi Distribution Software
Single-Bundle Distribution (1.1)
[80] [Active] [] [ ] [60] osgi.cmpn (4.2.0.200908310645)
[81] [Active] [] [Started] [60] [springdmdemo] (0.1)

Do you have any idea what's the problem?

Thanks, regards
Ilker
Post by Charles Moulliard
Hi,
It seems that the MANIFEST file of the multibundle-distribution is empty.
You can use the following bundle to test DOSGI
cxf-dosgi-ri-singlebundle-distribution
but prior install the following one which is required
osgi:install -s mvn:org.osgi/org.osgi.compendium/4.2.0
kind regards,
Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel Committer
- Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
- Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
- Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Charles Moulliard
2010-04-15 13:37:11 UTC
This is not an issue / problem. The error appears during the refresh of one
of the bundle. After that, if you look to the log, everything should be ok.

)
[...]
Hi,
Post by Charles Moulliard
Post by olamalam
osgi:install -s mvn:org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi-ri-dsw-cxf/1.1
(http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-releases.html)
Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.cxf.bundle-minimal:package;
(package=javax.wsdl.extensions.http)
I searched for feature repository for
cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution
but I couldn't find.
Does anyone have any idea about how to install it?
Thanks in advance
Ilker
--
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-install-cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution-to-karaf-1.4-tp28253532p28253532.html
Post by Charles Moulliard
Post by olamalam
Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect
My Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/
--
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-install-cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution-to-karaf-1.4-tp28253532p28255013.html
olamalam
2010-04-15 14:29:50 UTC
Yes it is not an issue or problem; I meant I'm doing something wrong because
I couldn't reach the web service.

After installing osgi.cmpn and dosgi single-bundle dist., I've installed my
spring dm demo bundle.
These 3 bundles seem active and on log file of karaf says that:
Application context successfully refreshed
(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.aspone.trh.springdm-demo,
config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))

Defaulting to pojo configuration type

Using a default address :
http://localhost:9000/com/aspone/trh/springdmdemo/ExampleService

Creating a com.aspone.trh.springdmdemo.ExampleService endpoint from CXF
PublishHook, address is
http://localhost:9000/com/aspone/trh/springdmdemo/ExampleService

Could not find intent map file /OSGI-INF/cxf/intents/intent-map.xml
Injected intents: {}

But when I hit
http://localhost:9000/com/aspone/trh/springdmdemo/ExampleService?wsdl
I get http 404 error.

I think I'm still missing something.

Kind regards
Ilker
Charles Moulliard
2010-04-15 15:03:01 UTC
The problem comes from this error : Could not find intent map file
/OSGI-INF/cxf/intents/intent-
map.xml

I propose that you post this error on CXF forum which is more related to
this kind of question

http://old.nabble.com/How-to-install-cxf-dosgi-ri-multibundle-distribution-to-karaf-1.4-tp28253532p28256049.html
olamalam
2010-04-27 10:00:29 UTC
Hi Charles,

As you've suggested I posted the error to CXF forum:
http://old.nabble.com/DOSGI-Spring-DM-demo-not-working-either-with-multi-bundle-or-single-bundle-distro-ts28287633.html#a28374972

Our latest finding is that DOSGI-Spring-DM-demo works with pax construct &
felix but not work with karaf 1.4. I guess this error occurs because of
dosgi & karaf combination.

Kind regards
Ilker
Post by Charles Moulliard
The problem comes from this error : Could not find intent map file
/OSGI-INF/cxf/intents/intent-
map.xml
I propose that you post this error on CXF forum which is more related to
this kind of question
Kind regards,
Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel Committer
- Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
- Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
- Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard