Servicemix 6.1 is unable to find bundles from local maven repository versioned as SNAPSHOT and has timestamp in classifier
maggie
2016-08-08 19:31:25 UTC
Servicemix version: 6.1.1
Maven: 3.0.3

We recently upgraded to servicemix to 6.1.1 from 5.1. With the upgrade, the
servicemix is now unable to find application bundles ( versioned as
SNAPSHOT) from the local repository.

We have a custom deployment process where we bundle all the application
bundles from custom maven repository on build server in an rpm, which is
then used to deploy into local repository on the deployment machine. We need
to do that as our deployment machines do not have remote access. We use
maven deploy plugin to put application bundles into the custom maven
repository during the build process. We noticed that when we use deploy
plugin the bundles get timestamp classifier suffixed into the bundle jar and
pom files e.g. custom_repo\com\companyx\bundley\2.2.3-20160805.005729-1.jar
and custom_repo\com\companyx\bundley\2.2.3-20160805.005729-1.pom reply.

Servicemix 6.1.1 is giving us issue where it cannot find bundles with
timestamp classifier whereas Servicemix 5.1 was able to find these snapshot
bundles without an issue. If we remove SNAPSHOT version from bundle, then
the issue goes away. Similarly if we copy the bundles from "maven install"
phase onto the deployment machine, issue does not exist anymore.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards
Vaibhav